Sunday, September 7, 2008

Remembering how to Knit

Let's see, do I remember how to knit?
I feel so bad, it's been forever since I have felt like holding those needles in my hands. I have been foundling my fiber, looking for the perfect recipe but nothing has peeked my interest enough to get me started.

Well, you know what, I'm tired of waiting and wondering what to make.
I'm going to just jump in and do SOMETHING!

Ok, I'm starting out small, I got this great yarn with a gift certificate from my kids and I'm making a scarf...check out the colors, can you tell how pretty they are?












Here's one of just the yarn, with the tag so you can see what it is. It feels really great, I love it.













And I also have a sock started (I can never have just one project at a time)
Here'a what I have so far:







And, as you can see below, the pattern is "Jaywalker" and I got it from "Grumperina"
The yarn doesn't really show off the pattern, but it's easy and beautiful when done. I saw a girl wearing a pair she had made when I was at the "WWKIP" day.





Well, I finally managed to post about knitting on my knitting blog...YIPPY!!






On another note, today was the first regular season football game and my team lost :(
I'm pretty bummed about that, but, that's ok, next game.

I am leaving next Friday for vacation, I can't believe it, vacation!! I can't remember the last time I did that.
Granted it's only California, but still, it's a week off of work and lots of visiting with family I haven't seen for years. It should be lots of fun. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the drive, it's about 12+ hours.

Last night my daughter in law made her first No Knead Bread, I just supervised :)
It came out wonderful!!














Well, I think I have gone on and on enough for now.
TTFN
Thanks for stopping by

No comments: