Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Autumn smells so good!

In front of where I work:









Have you ever noticed how the air changes in the fall? I love that smell and crisp clean feel that is outside.
The colors, brown, orange, yellow, I want them to be "in season" all year long!
This is definately my favorite time of year.

Like I mentioned before, we are having a craft/bake sale at work and so I have been trying to come up with ideas of what, if anything I could bring.
As a result of that thinking I came across this website and thought I’d share; it is 10 easy scarves you can knit and it has complete instructions, all for free:

Easy Scarves you can knit

There is also a link for 9 Easy Sweaters you can knit and Kidswear you can knit

Now, on a non-knit note, I found this YUMMY looking recipe:

Caramel Apple Pie (how to video)

Ingredients:
4-6 large red apples, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1 package Pillsbury Pie Crust, or pie dough for a double-crust 9" pie


This looks and sounds SO good, I’m pretty sure I already have everything I need except for the crust which I’m sure is pretty cheap.
I’m SO making this! Tonight? Maybe :)


Knit on!
and oh yeah
Bake on!

No comments: